How to Test Your Internet Speed?
We are living in TL;DR1 world and I got only 15 seconds to give you an IT advice. In this series, I will try to do this. Here we go with how to test your internet speed, using just an internet browser.
For best (most accurate) results connect your device to your router using a network cable instead of WiFi (if possible). When testing over WiFi make sure you are connected to fast 5GHz WiFi (if available) over 2.4GHz, and you are close to your router.
Fast.com (from Netflix)
- Open website fast.com in your browser.
- Website will start measuring your Download speed immediately, after this is done
- Click Show more info to test your Upload speed as well.
Speed Test (from Cloudflare)
- Open website speed.cloudflare.com in your browser.
- Website will start measuring your Download and Upload speed immediately.
Internet speed test (through Google, from Measurement Lab)
- Open website google.com and search for speed test (or internet speed test).
- On top of search results you will have an option to test your speed.
- Click blue button Run Speed Test to test your Download and Upload speed.
Important: This feature isn’t available in some countries and regions.
- Open website speedsmart.net in your browser.
- Click big blue button Start Speedtest to test your Download and Upload speed.
Speedtest.net (from Ookla)
- Open website www.speedtest.net in your browser.
- Click the big circled Go button to start testing your Download and Upload speed.
- Open website speedof.me in your browser.
- Click START TEST button to test your Download and Upload speed.
Speed icons created by Freepik - Flaticon
Too long; didn’t read ↩︎